Monday, September 27, 2010

Save the Cheese!!!

    I am reposting this text from a forum (homesteadingtoday.com), but I want to add my own two cents to it first. 
    This is all about a family dairy in Missouri that sells raw milk and is getting the run around for no darn good reason. I won't go into that personally, because I am going to post links that far better explain that situation than I could (read the links!). I just want to say how awful it is that this is happening the Morningland Dairy. Emily Dickson, a member of the family that owns Morningland, is a wonderful person. I know her through the forum, and she has given me and several others helpful advice for their goats more times than I can count. She is extremely knowledgable and takes good care of her animals. Not to mention the fact that, in 30 years of business, their raw milk cheeses have never made anyone sick, they've always been 100% legal, and  the cheese is DELICIOUS. Yes, I have had it, and it was the BEST! Their dairy is making wonderful, healthy food items and is being basically attacked because of it. It seems that the government always wants to hurt the little guy, but lets Mr. Big Britches KILL CHILDREN with contaminated and unsafe food before they even recall it (watch Food Inc if you don't believe me. A child died from eating contaminated meat that wasn't recalled until 16 days after the death of the child! It's so ridiculous...but I must digress, before I start ranting.) The major food industry is in the pocket of the government, and so the little guy who does his/her best to make wholesome, safe food is prosecuted because Uncle Sam thinks it's his right to tell us what we should and should not eat. I 100% believe that the only reasons this is happening to Morningland is because they offer raw (and therefore more healthy) milk products, and they are one of the little guys. My heart hurts for them and the nine families that are supported by this dairy. 
    Anyways, if you can't donate to them to help, please keep them in your prayers, write the people "in charge," do whatever you can to support Emily, Morningland, and the others like them.


Links:  
About the Situation: http://www.newswithviews.com/Hannes/doreen107.htm

Morningland's Website - http://morninglanddairy.webs.com/apps/blog/

About Raw Milk - http://www.rawmilk.org/default.php

http://realmilk.com/

Now, what I am reposting - Lets have a Cheese Party!

"Sponsor A Cheese, Save A Dairy!

I'll assume most of us are aware of the assault against Morningland Dairy that began back in August, and has resulted in anti-raw milk pencil pushers (and toadies of corporate dairy concerns) demanding that the dairy destroy all their cheese in stock (SIX MONTHS WORTH OF PRODUCT!) -- despite the fact that all FDA testing done at the dairy proved that there is absolutely NO contamination of their healthy food.

So... I had an idea. Here's what I am going to do, and if you'd like to do the same, I certainly encourage you to join the Un-Cheese Party!

Here's the low down:
If Morningland can't sell the cheese because the Missouri Milk Board and the FDA are against wholesome food, they may well lose their business which has been in operation for THIRTY YEARS. (And through all those years they are able to boast that NO ONE has EVER been made ill by their cheese!)

I'm not going to let that happen if I can help it.

I'm going to "sponsor" a few pounds of that embargoed cheese. I invite anyone else who is interested to join me in our


CYBER-SPACE UN-CHEESE PARTY!


There are 50,000 pounds of cheese slated for destruction. This is not counting the cheese destroyed due to the recall.

Here's how to SPONSOR A CHEESE:

The average price per pound is $5.

You can paypal a donation to

morningland@centurytel.net

Or, you can send your sponsorship checks or money orders directly to the dairy. Just let them know what the money is for, and a note of encouragement would certainly be appreciated.
Morningland Dairy
6248 County Road 2980
Mountain View, MO
65548

Now, folks, this is a PARTY, so INVITE YOUR FRIENDS, your neighbors, your mere acquaintances to join us!

Plaster the message on other boards you frequent, put it on your Facebook Status, make a YouTube video and hey! maybe it'll go viral!

We have to stand together as raw milk consumers and producers, or we WILL see the day where we can't even grow food for our own consumption!

(see the thread, "Another threat against raw milk" for sample letters to write to your politicians to make an even bigger impact.)

Let's get Morningland back on its feet -
SAVE THE CHEESE!!!"
Thank you, Pony from Homesteadingtoday.com, for thinking of this AWESOME idea! Please guys, pray for this family at the very least! Repost! Link to this! Write! Donate! Do something, please!! 
- Rach in Wonderland...at least until even just owning your own dairy animals is made illegal!

No comments:

Post a Comment