Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Multiple Blogs? Nah.

    I have noticed a trend among some fellow bloggers. It seems that a lot of them have multiple blogs. For example, someone might have a blog dedicated to life in general, a blog for their farm, a blog for their quilting hobby, and a blog about their opinions. I thought briefly about doing that myself, especially since my current blog is named "Wonderland Farm," which some might say molds my blog to fit one topic. After a bit of thought, I don't find that to be the case. This blog is about my farm, yes, but it is also about my life. My farm is a huge part of my life, so it gets blogged about a lot. However, I see no reason why I can't spice up my blog a bit by posting pictures from a fair, or talking about a hobby, or any other part of my life. This is my blog, after all. I also would want any readers that I might have to feel like they had to seek out every other blog I had and follow them in order to get a good picture of what my life is really like. I also think that no one wants to read a blog that is just about say, goats. Yes, goat antics are interesting, but lets be honest - sometimes there really is nothing new to say about my goats, my chickens, or even the farm itself. That would get so old for someone to read. I imagine it would go something like this; "Ariel bit my shirt again! Oh, the hens layed an egg! The chicks eat a lot." See? Not very interesting - at least not to anyone who isn't me. No, I would rather blog about interesting updates on the farm, mixed in with the rest of my life. Yes, homesteading is a huge priority to me, but so are things like school, family, God, hobbies, and just life in general. If you narrow down your entire life to make it only about one segment of it, your life - and your blog! - will get boring pretty fast. 
    I hope that y'all don't mind this blog being about more than my homestead. If you do, well, that's too bad! What can I say, this is my one blog, and it is about my one life - all the various parts of it. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment