Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hopeful Master Gardener-To-Be!

    I was reading a small local newspaper today - which very rarely happens, and was only occurring this time because of an anthropology assignment - when I stumbled upon a small ad in the bottom left hand corner of one page. This ad began with "NEW CLASSES" and went on to explain that the University of Tennessee is offering a Master Gardener class this Spring in my area. I tore the ad out of the paper, showed it to my parents, and then gave it an honored spot on the 'fridge - rough edges and all. I have to turn in an application to by October 1, 2010, and if I am accepted, I will be a Master Gardener after a 15 week course starting in January! I am excited about this, because I love to learn. There are so many things that I eventually want to learn or have some sort of formal training in, or have a degree for, or be certified for...well, you get the idea! I just love to learn as much as I can. I believe that knowledge is very important; after all, knowledge is power! In any case, I also think that the knowledge I will glean from this course will be helpful to my homesteading. As soon as I know if I'm accepted to the course, I'll let you know! (Here I've been talking about it like I'm already in, when I haven't even sent in an application! =p) 
    Oh, I would also like to add that, after further research, becoming a Master Gardener might open up a lot of doors for me, either to help others or even just to participate in fun things. Check it out for yourself! http://mastergardener.tennessee.edu/index_whatis_mastergardener.html


-Rach in Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment