Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bad News

    Thankfully, this isn't awful news, but it's just one of those things that makes life a little bit more difficult than you want it to be. 
    We received news on Friday that our van, which my mother and I hit a deer in about a week ago, had to be totaled. That means, in a nutshell, that the cost of repairs will be more than 75% of what TaWanda was worth (we name our vehicles). To me, the damage didn't seem that bad, but I am not a mechanic so I don't how these things work or how much they cost. Aside from being bummed that we don't get to have good old TaWanda back, this means that my parents now have to hunt for a new vehicle. The timing is pretty bad for this, because we will only be able to buy a vehicle that costs what the check we will get from the insurance costs. We drove around looking today, and we could only find vehicles that were $6,900 and up + taxes, and all but one of those had 100,000+ miles. 
    Poor TaWanda, I wish we could have just kept her! And so close to the holidays. Isn't that how it always goes? Well, if you happen to know of anyone who is selling a SUV or a minivan for $6,000 or less, please let me know so I can forward the information to my parents! A car or truck would not do, because we need seating for both us and my grandparents ideally, though we could make do with a SUV that seated four. We also carry my goats and things around in the van, and gas mileage would be too awful in a truck that would be big enough. 
    Until then, we will be up the road without a van! Hah!



    -Rachel in Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment