Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fresh Jam!

    Today I made some super-delicious Peach Jam from fresh peaches that I bought from a local farm at our farmer's market. Have I ever mentioned that I love farmer's markets? I certainly do. 
    Well, as I said, these peaches made some wonderful jam. It's not only tasty, it's pretty as well. It also made a lot more than I was expecting. I was hoping to have a little bit of surplus to sell, but I turned out having two dozen half-pint jars (four batches)! I even had to go to the store to pick up more pectin; I wasn't prepared for more than two batches. I'm certainly not complaining, though. Jam making is one of my favorite kitchen activities. I love the process, I love the end result, and I even love the "Pop! Pop! Pop!" of lids sealing. Not to mention the fact that nothing in this world tastes better than warm jam fresh out of the pot! Mmm. Plus, now I'll have enough jam to last well until the next peach season. Well, that is if I don't sell all of it. Don't get me wrong, I'll sell any to anyone who wants it until I'm fresh out, but I don't have a developed "client base" of sorts yet, so I don't expect it all to sell. 
    Well, enough yammering. I managed to get a half-decent picture from my cell phone, so I can share it with you. If any of you are interested in this jam, it's $3.00 a jar. I am, as always, open to bartering. If you don't live within pleasant driving distance, I would be happy to find out shipping costs for you. 
    Oh, and before I forget! I'm making blackberry and blueberry jams tomorrow! I'm not sure how much I will get, but I should have some excess available. The berries are coming from mine and my grandmother's bushes. I should also have fig preserves in just a little while, from my grandmother's trees. Well, enough of trying to be a salesman. Here is the picture! 
Doesn't that look good?

-Rach in Wonderland



   

No comments:

Post a Comment